Healthcare practitioners have a responsibility to continually update their professional knowledge and skills for the end benefit of the patient or client. To this end the HPCSA has implemented a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme. Every practitioner is required to accumulate 30 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per twelve-month period and five of the units must be on ethics, human rights and medical law. Each CEU will be valid for 24 months from the date on which the activity took place (or ended, in the event of post-graduate studies) after which it would lapse. This means that practitioners should aim to accumulate a balance of 60 CEUs by the end of their second year of practise, and thereafter top-up the balance through additional CPD as each 24 month validity period expires.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Show All
- CONTACT INFO
- MY CEUs
- PAYMENT OPTIONS
- TRAINING COURSES
Your CEUs will expire 24 months (2 years) after successful completion of your test.
- Navigate to Dashboard on the Menu bar
- On the Dashboard page, click on Tests
- A list of unlocked courses and tests will appear under My Courses and My Tests column
- Click on Take Test to navigate to the test page
- Read instructions carefully before taking the test
- If you are a student at a university, enter your password.
- Click on “Click here to start”
Call us on +27 (0)51 446 3261
You can send us a fax on 086 506 1533
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 08h00 – 17H00
Yes, after successful completion of any of our tests your CEUs will automatically be recorded.
We made it easy for you. Go to the Dashboard page and you now have different options to see your valid CEUs:
- The CEU meter will instantly show your valid accumulated CEUs
- The top left block named “Current CEUs” will show your valid CEUs
- You can click on “View Details” in any of the blocks which will give you a detailed description of your CEUs
- You can also click on the Certificates menu to see a detailed description of your CEUs
On the Dashboard page, the second top left block named “CEUs Expire This Month” will show if any of your CEUs will expire this month. You can click on “View Details” for a detailed description.