What is a CPD programme and what are CEUs?Handre vd MerweHealthcare practitioners have a responsibility to continually update their professional knowledge and skills for the end benefit of the patient or client. To this end the HPCSA has implemented a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme. Every practitioner is required to accumulate 30 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per twelve-month period and five of the units must be on ethics, human rights and medical law. Each CEU will be valid for 24 months from the date on which the activity took place (or ended, in the event of post-graduate studies) after which it would lapse. This means that practitioners should aim to accumulate a balance of 60 CEUs by the end of their second year of practise, and thereafter top-up the balance through additional CPD as each 24 month validity period expires.
When do my CEUs expire?Handre vd Merwe
Your CEUs will expire 24 months (2 years) after successful completion of your test.
Does your website record my CEUs?Handre vd MerweYes, after successful completion of any of our tests your CEUs will automatically be recorded.
How can I see my valid accumulated CEUs?Handre vd MerweWe made it easy for you. Go to the Dashboard page and you now have different options to see your valid CEUs:
- The CEU meter will instantly show your valid accumulated CEUs
- The top left block named “Current CEUs” will show your valid CEUs
- You can click on “View Details” in any of the blocks which will give you a detailed description of your CEUs
- You can also click on the Certificates menu to see a detailed description of your CEUs
How do I know if any of my CEUs will expire this month?Handre vd MerweOn the Dashboard page, the second top left block named “CEUs Expire This Month” will show if any of your CEUs will expire this month. You can click on “View Details” for a detailed description.
Where can I find my Expired CEU’s?Handre vd MerweOn the Dashboard page, do any of the following:
- On the block named “Current CEUs” click on View Details for more info
- Click on the Certificates menu to see a detailed description of your expired CEUs